Job Location: Ideally Prague or Lecce but the position is open to all candidates with excellent English capabilities who are based in Europe (or Europe timezone)
Contract: Employee or Contractor (depending on location)
Type: Full time
What to expect?
Before applying for the job of Technical Writer at GraphAware, you should first answer YES to all of the following questions:
- Are you someone who constantly strives for excellence?
- Do you take ownership of your work as well as the work of your team?
- Does customer success drive your motivation and passion?
- Do you want to make a real difference and influence the success of the company you work for?
Agreed to all the above? Then keep reading.
As a Technical writer, you will be joining our product team that plans the growth of our product line and the evolution of Hume - our in-house developed graph-powered insights engine. You will plan, create, and maintain product related content. The content is often in the form of documentation, but may also include videos, or other educational material. You will also be responsible for content targeted at the users of B2B software, in the domain of Knowledge Graphs. You will work closely with the product team and the engineering team to ensure that work is delivered smoothly and in line with the overall plans and goals of the organisation.
Main areas of responsibilities:
- Learn: Keep abreast about Knowledge Graphs and Hume. Understand the product vision, its current state and how it will develop. Since you will be writing technical documentation that will be consumed by non-technical users as well as engineers, you need to develop an excellent technical understanding of Hume as well as knowledge about how users interact with the tool.
- Plan: Based on the roadmap and release life cycle for Hume, creation and maintenance of technical documentation has to be planned. Often there are dependencies that need to be taken into account and planned for.
- Create: Create technical documentation according to the release life cycle of Hume.
- Maintain: Ensure that Hume documentation is up to date and adjusted to latest developments.
If you want to succeed, we believe you need to have most of the following skills/background:
- At least 3 years of experience as a technical writer.
- Excellent command in spoken and written English
- Ability to learn and document new technologies
- Experience in researching and writing documentation for engineers and non-technical users
- Experience in working at the cross-section of engineering and product, creating technical documentation for a fast growing B2B software solution
Bonus Technical Skills
- Knowledge of key Graph database concepts
- Knowledge of Cypher and Neo4j (Neo4j Certification and Graph Data Science certification are a big plus)
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Striving for excellence
- Attention to detail
- Motivated to deliver
- Focus and motivated by Product/Customer Success
- Proactive and driven, constantly thinking of ways to improve
- “Can-do” and “Get-it-done” attitude; Agile approach to problem-solving
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience working in distributed teams
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good understanding of different communication styles and cultural differences
What We Offer
We offer a great opportunity to play an important role in a global technology company with a very unique company culture and to participate in the evolution of a product that is competing with big names. Our products are already being used by very important companies in multiple industries. We are currently entering a new era in the life of the company with great challenges ahead of us.
Benefits of working with us:
- Actively influence how we do things
- Appreciation and encouragement for taking initiative and creativity
- Professional and personal growth
- Flexibility to balance your personal life and work
- Fun environment and great office culture
- Supportive and low-overhead management culture
- Competitive remuneration