Ideally in Prague, Czech Republic but the job is open to candidates from anywhere in Europe
Option to work remotely/from home
Type of Employment
Employee or Contractor (depending on the location)
Kubernetes, Ansible, Docker, Git, Terraform, Vault, Linux
What to expect?
Before applying for the job of Senior DevOps Engineer at GraphAware, you should first answer YES to all of the following questions:
- Are you someone who constantly strives for excellence?
- Do you take ownership of your work as well as the work of your team?
- Do you believe in the value of graphs?
- Does customer success drive your motivation and passion?
- Do you want to make a real difference and influence the success of the company you work for?
Agreed to all the above? Then keep reading.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be joining our CTO and his team to take care of the technical infrastructure underlying GraphAware’s core business and make sure it is secure, automated, and highly available. Your role is critical in allowing the rest of the team, especially developers, to focus on what they are best at.
You will be in charge of source code repositories, build and vulnerability scanning pipelines, Docker registries, and cloud deployments for our core product Hume, as well as internal IT infrastructure such as VPN, mobile device management and security. You will also help make sure that secure software development processes and incident response plans are in place by organising training and exercises.
From time to time, you will act in a consulting capacity and share your expertise with our customers. Finally, you will own IT onboarding of all new team members and make sure everybody has just the right level of access at all times.
Here is the bullet point list of main responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain IaC processes for most of the GraphAware infrastructure, including :
- Development environments
- Production environments
- AWS Services (S3, .. )
- DNS entries
- Develop and maintain Kubernetes clusters
- Research, develop, document, educate, and maintain security hardening of the GraphAware infrastructure
- Help software development teams with ad-hoc DevOps requirements
- Continuously perform R&D activities
- Learn, master, and train on operational aspects of some of GraphAware critical technologies :
- Hashicorp Vault
- Assist customers in all regions with installation procedures in secure (air-gapped) environments
- Maintain company-wide GraphAware on-line services accounts (GSuite, Harvest, Atlassian, ... )
- Monitor infrastructure costs and prepare forecasts
- Recognize when you need help, we’re happy to hire contractors for particular technologies to boost our own expertise
If you want to succeed, we believe, you need to have the following skills/background:
- To perform and understand the technical aspects of the job
- At least 3 years of experience with Terraform and Ansible
- At least 3 years of experience with a major Cloud provider
- At least 5 years of experience with Linux administration
- At least 3 years of experience with Docker
- At least 3 years of experience with NginX
- Good experience with OpenID connect
- Good experience with VPN technologies
- Experience with one Vault engine
- Good computer security knowledge
- Bonus technical skills
- Experience with GSuite
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Strong AWS skills
- Experience with deploying the following technologies in production is a plus :
- To blend in well with the team and understanding our company culture
- Preference for informal work environment
- Honest and respectful approach to solving things
- Confidence to communicate openly across the entire organization
- Eagerness to learn and explore
- Understanding different cultures
- Passionate about what you do
What we offer
We offer a great opportunity to play an important role in a global technology company with a very unique company culture and to participate in the evolution of a product that is competing with big names. Hume is already being used by very important companies in multiple industries. We are currently entering a new era in the life of the company with great challenges ahead of us.
Working with us means:
- Strong support from the CTO and the rest of top management
- Place where you can actually influence how we do things
- Working for an attractive international advanced-tech company
- Open environment for own initiative and creativity
- Significant potential for professional growth
- Flexibility to balance your personal life and work
- Fun environment and great office culture
- Competitive remuneration