Job Location: Ideally in Prague or Lecce but the job is open to candidates from anywhere in Europe
Flexibility: Option to work from home
Type of Employment: Employee or Contractor (depending on the location)
KeyWords: Knowledge Graphs, NLP, Machine Learning, Graph Learning, Neo4j
What to expect?
Before applying for the job of Data Scientist at GraphAware, you should first answer YES to all of the following questions:
- Are you someone who constantly strives for excellence?
- Do you take ownership of your work as well as the work of your team?
- Do you believe in the value of graphs?
- Does customer success drive your motivation and passion?
- Do you want to make a real difference and influence the success of the company you work for?
Agreed to all the above? Then keep reading.
As a Data Scientist, you will be joining our hands-on research and development team that builds ML features for Hume - our in-house developed, graph-powered insights engine product - and delivers high consultancy value to our customers around the world in building graph powered applications.
You will work in the domain of Knowledge Graphs, on the intersection of NLP, ML, graph analytics and the graph-based ML. You will also interact with clients to understand their needs, propose and design solutions, and implement them. As a Data Scientist, you will work closely with the product team to ensure that work is delivered smoothly together with other teams.
- Researcher: bring research papers to production and improve the approaches wherever possible, develop new approaches to Knowledge Graph based analytics and Machine Learning, scan the spectrum of possibilities and identify areas where we can spend more time
- Developer: extend Hume with new components in different data science areas such as dynamic graph analysis, entity relationship extraction, entity linking and disambiguation, train and deploy ML models in the area of NLP/NLU, Knowledge Graphs and graph-based learning
- Consultant: focus on building Knowledge Graphs and their applications using Hume and state-of-the-art Data Science techniques
- Thought Leader: help GraphAware to be recognised as a thought leader in the graph ML space, contribute to blog posts, become a speaker at conferences and active member of the community
If you want to succeed, we believe you need to have most of the following skills/background:
- Technical Skills
- At least 5 years of experience in NLP/ML/graph related projects
- Proficiency in Python and related data science libraries
- ML frameworks (Tensorflow/Keras/PyTorch)
- Solid knowledge of version-control systems, such as git
- Familiarity with CI-CD practices
- Familiarity with APIs and Docker
- OOP and TDD
- Ability to develop clean, reusable components
- Methodical and reasoned approach to problem solving
- Bonus Technical Skills
- Knowledge of key Graph database concepts
- Knowledge of Cypher and Neo4j (Neo4j Certification and Graph Data Science certification are a big plus)
- Data Science Skills
- Solid basics in math and statistical data analysis
- Solid understanding of ML concepts and model architectures
- Experience with developing, training, evaluating and deploying models
- Ability to read and implement ML research papers
- Understanding of Language Models
- Graph algorithms
- Graph-based ML (graph embeddings, GCNs, GNNs, ...)
- Critical analytical thinking
- Soft Skills
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Striving for excellence
- Attention to detail
- Motivated to deliver
- Focus and motivated by Product/Customer Success
- Proactive and driven, constantly thinking of ways to improve
- “Can-do” and “Get-it-done” attitude; Agile approach to problem-solving
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience working in distributed teams
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good understanding of different communication styles and cultural differences
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other European languages is more than welcome
What We Offer
We offer a great opportunity to play an important role in a global technology company with a very unique company culture and to participate in the evolution of a product that is competing with big names. Our products are already being used by very important companies in multiple industries. We are currently entering a new era in the life of the company with great challenges ahead of us.
Benefits of working with us:
- Actively influence how we do things
- Appreciation and encouragement for taking initiative and creativity
- Professional and personal growth
- Flexibility to balance your personal life and work
- Fun environment and great office culture
- Supportive and low-overhead management culture
- Competitive remuneration
Who We Are
GraphAware was founded in 2013 to help organisations gain competitive edge through the application of graph technologies.Our own product called GraphAware Hume is used by analysts, data scientists, and data-savvy business users all around the world to keep countries and communities safe, combat financial fraud, discover new medicines, advise important policymaking, and much much more. We also help clients implement their own solutions based on Hume and Neo4j - the most popular graph database on the market - by providing consulting, training, and software development services.
We are a multinational, multicultural team of experts in the fields of software, databases, graph theory, and machine learning. Our culture is that of a small company but our plans are super ambitious. We are passionate about graphs and driven by customer success. Sense of ownership and striving for excellence is the norm at GraphAware. In times of trouble, we have each other's back. We love seeing our colleagues grow professionally and support their careers in the direction of their desire.