Job Function: Customer Success
Job Location: The position is open to candidates who are located in the APAC region and can work remotely
Flexibility: Work from home
KeyWords: Troubleshooting, Linux, Java applications, Nginx, Docker, Cloud, Customer Service
What to expect?
To become a successful Technical Support Engineer (TS Engineer) at GraphAware, you should first answer YES to all of the following questions, which deeply reflect our values:
- Are you someone who constantly strives for excellence?
- Do you take ownership of your work as well as the work of your team?
- Do you believe in the value of graphs?
- Does customer success drive your motivation and passion?
- Are you a team player who got his team's back at all times?
- Do you want to make a real difference and influence the success of the company you work for?
Agreed to all the above? Then keep reading.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you’ll be instrumental in ensuring the success of our Hume customers. You will directly interact with customers to troubleshoot, diagnose and provide resolution to issues in collaboration with internal teams.
If you enjoy solving technical problems and working with diverse customers to delight them, this could be the role for you.
Leadership and rapid career progression opportunities, such as expanding this team at GraphAware, exist for the right candidate.
- Own, troubleshoot and solve technical issues including those around deployment and configuration
- Interpret and analyse log data and/or customer narratives to troubleshoot issues
- Identify cases that require escalation (technical or strategic) for timely resolution
- Take necessary steps to quickly mitigate disruptions in the customer’s environment by recommending and implementing workarounds
- Investigate cases and conduct incident reviews to determine root causes of issues
- Collaborate and coordinate with other teams and experts at GraphAware to arrive at the best solution for customer issues
- Establish and build a solid technical understanding of Hume and how our customers use and deploy it
- Advise and educate customers on the features and capabilities of Hume
- Provide feedback to engineering, product and leadership teams regarding trends and observances, and work with them to define and drive fixes and enhancements to address customer needs
- Curate content in/for knowledge bases and documentation. Document solutions and create runbooks
- Identify, evaluate, select and roll out commercial or open source customer service solutions
- Contribute to automation and other self-help assets to improve customer/engineer experience
- Collect and analyse metrics and customer feedback to improve operations
- Cover customers in the APAC region, primarily Australia, with emergency off-hours work
Here are the skills we are looking for in a candidate:
- Desired experience and technical skills
- At least 4 years in a customer facing technical support role
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Enterprise cloud experience with any of the major cloud providers
- Database skills- basic administration and the ability to write SQL queries
- Understanding of OAuth based authentication and a fair understanding of other mechanisms such as SSO/SAML
- Experience supporting JVM based applications
- Knowledge of Docker
- Analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving expertise
- Strong understanding of support- tickets, monitoring, processes, metrics
- Proficiency in Linux primarily, and Windows environments administration
- Computer Science or similar background and/or equivalent work experience
- Bonus technical skills
- Knowledge of graph databases, such as Neo4j
- Scripting skills or the desire to learn them
- Experience with authorization models (access control, roles, permissions)
- Understanding of internet technologies- firewalls, web servers, proxies, etc.
- Process reengineering
- Understanding of systems administration, storage technologies and virtualization
- Other competencies
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written and the ability to express yourself with confidence and diplomacy
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and manage time when under pressure, identifying and focusing on high-impact issues
- Proactivity and drive, coming up with new ideas
- “Can-do” and “Get-it-done” attitude
- Positive and agile approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work with a great degree of independence
To blend in well with the team and our company culture, you should also have good interpersonal and communication skills and good understanding of different communication styles and cultural differences.
What we offer
We offer a great opportunity to play an important role in a global technology company with a very unique company culture and to participate in the evolution of a product that is competing with big names. Hume is already being used by very important companies in multiple industries. We are currently entering a new era in the life of the company with great challenges ahead of us.
Working with us means:
- Opportunity to act as a mentor to junior talents within the company and pass the knowledge
- Strong support from the supervisor and top management
- Place where you can actually influence how we do things
- Working for an attractive international advanced-tech company
- Open environment for own initiative and creativity
- Significant potential for professional growth
- Flexibility to balance your personal life and work
- Fun environment and great office culture
- Competitive remuneration